- General surgical/medical unit. Focus on GI, ENT, advanced hernia repair, mostly middle to older adults. Many opportunities for central lines, TPN, trach care, drain care, Ostomy/ileostomy care IVs, PCAs, dressing changes, nursing treatments, meds and post-surgical care. Responsible for nursing care for patients in the ear, nose & throat clinic as directed by medical providers. Responsible for patient flow and assisting providers as necessary with examination. Provides nursing care for ear, nose & throat patients in accordance with established standards, policies, and registered nurse scope of practice.
- Coordinates the collection of all documentation required prior to the patient’s first visit including: labs, x-rays, pathology reports, physician notes, etc.
- Assists as needed with patient assessments (height, weight, blood pressure, reason for visits, etc.) adapting basic procedures to patient medical needs and treatment stage.
- Obtain lab samples Coordinates and ensures patients are in the room and ready for the physician to see.
- Prepares equipment and aids providers during treatment, examination, and procedures. Implements and notes physician orders.
- Experience with documentation on an electronic health record – Cerner system preferred, and use of bedside bar code administration.
- At least 1 year of experience in Med-Surg setting.
- Current and active IL license required as well as BLS.
- Depending on experience
- Sign on or relocation bonus negotiable.
Job LocationPeoria, IL
Offered SalaryAccording to Experience