The Adult Medical Surgical RN is responsible for managing the care of the adult or elderly patient experiencing general medical conditions or general surgical procedures, which require general
assessments related to specific conditions, and general therapies and interventions. The Adult Medical Surgical RN is responsible to the Clinical Manager for assigned Adult Medical Surgical Unit.
• Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based on the adult or elderly patient’s immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols.
• Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by the adult or elderly patient’s condition and/or the client facility’s policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
• Develops plan of care that is individualized for the adult or elderly patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
• Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
• Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
• Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the adult or elderly patient and his/her family.
• Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.
• Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation protocols.
• Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
• Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or elderly patient’s and family’s diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.
• Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift.
• Maintains current competency in adult medical surgical nursing.
Job LocationAvera, SD
Offered Salary$30,000 - $50,000